Hello everyone. Each week there will be activities posted here which are suggested activities you may wish to complete with your child while they are learning from home.
- Literacy - Please read through the Coronavirus Social Story once a day with your child or where possible encourage them to read it themselves.
- Functional Skills – Personal Presentation – Washing Hands - Use the visual aid from Twinkl to practise washing hands daily.
- Mathematics – Use the following link to complete an activity on either sorting or sequencing of number and choose a level appropriate to your child’s ability. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ordering-and-sequencing/caterpillar-ordering
- Complete a daily calendar to identify the day, date, month and weather using this online link https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/dateChart/index.html
- Home Economics – Custard Cream Cupcakes – Follow the recipe from the link provided which incorporates mathematical skills such as counting, measuring and weighing. https://www.janespatisserie.com/2015/09/11/custard-cream-cupcakes/
- Sensory – Once a day do either hand or foot massage for up to 15 minutes on your child. Ensure your child is seated or lying down in a comfortable position and use hand or body cream.
- Choose activity – Use the attached document called pupils song choice 1. Show this to your child and they will indicate either verbally or by pointing, the song they would like to listen to and then use the following link to play the song https://www.priorywoods.middlesbrough.sch.uk/page/?title=Switch+%2F+Touch+Screen+Videos&pid=231
- Games – Use the link to access games https://www.helpkidzlearn.com/games
Login: Lisanally02 Password: password123 The games which are age and ability appropriate for this class are; Jungle Adventure, Little Lost Penguin, Chopper Rescue, Hurdle Champion, Whack a Gopper.
I also suggest you refer to the General Resources folder to retrieve useful resources such as a generic timetable and visuals. In the Therapy folder each week will be suggested fine motor, gross motor and sensory activities provided by the therapists..