Students in the VTU 2 are aged 16 to 18 years. The programme on offer for Group 2 in Lisanally introduces students to the world of work by allowing them time to develop their interaction, communication and functional everyday skills. Within the group of eight pupils there are five boys and three girls.
Here we aim to:
- Provide a broad range of structured activities to help prepare pupils for adult life.
- Introduce and develop pupils' knowledge and understanding of the world of work.
- Promote the concept of personal career planning.
- Make the transition from school to adult world as uncomplicated as possible.
- Build self-esteem and produce a valued member of society.
- Encourage sensible use of leisure/social time.
Programmes on offer at present are:
- City & Guilds EL1&2 Food Studies
- Duke of Edinburgh Award
- Young Enterprise
- John Muir Award
- Millennium Volunteers School Award
- Independent Travel Training
- Drumming with Pulse and Beat It
- Choir and
- Recreational Activities: AW Fitness Suite and Yoga.
Two pupils in VTU 2 hold a prefect’s position. Each pupil participates in a work experience programme; pupils will attend work experience supported by school staff.
We love being in VTU 2, we work hard and have good fun.