Students in the VTU 2 are aged 16 to 19 years. The programme on offer for Group 2 in Lisanally introduces students to the world of work by allowing them time to develop their interaction, communication and functional everyday skills. Within the group of six pupils there are 2 boys and 4 girls.
Here we aim to:
- Provide a broad range of structured activities to help prepare pupils for adult life.
- Introduce and develop pupils' knowledge and understanding of the world of work.
- Promote the concept of personal career planning.
- Make the transition from school to adult world as uncomplicated as possible.
- Build self-esteem and produce a valued member of society.
- Encourage sensible use of leisure/social time.
Programmes on offer at present are:
- Occupational Studies; Hospitality
- Young Enterprise;
- Millennium Volunteers School Award;
- Choir and;
- Recreational Activities: AW Fitness Suite and Yoga.
All pupils in VTU 2 hold a prefect’s position. Each pupil participates in a work experience programme; pupils will attend work experience supported by school staff. We love being in VTU 2, we work hard and have good fun.