Hi Everyone, hope everyone is keeping well & looking after yourselves. Be sure to be helping out lots at home!
Below are some suggestions for activities, links to a range of websites that you should find useful which will fall in line with teaching that would be taking place at this time.
Suggested Schedule/timetables: See below
- For Week 1 - All pupils to make sure they make their bed in the morning. When needed encourage pupils to help strip the bed clothes and place them in the Laundry basket.
- Pupils to make sure all dirty clothes go into the laundry basket each day.
- See Functional Skills Doc Attached – Work your way through the long list of activities – Feel free to print and date when completed – you can also track how much support is required over the course of a number of weeks to see progression.
Suggested Maths activities/Links:
- Capacity: Pour out water/juice from a jug for each person in the house. Work on pouring the correct amount. Aim to have a consistent level and with as little spillage as possible.
- Number: www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=FSInverseMachine – select an appropriate activity or work through as many as possible.
- Suggested Literacy Activities/Links: https://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/index.html - Providing a range of Literacy based activities that can be completed online – many can be completed on iPad.
- https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/ - A clear bank of Literacy activities.
- Hospitality Units – set the table appropriately – identifying each item – name cutlery where possible, Knife, fork, spoon, plates, glass, cup & napkins.
- Help to prepare dinner where possible – prepare vegetables – peel, cut, put cooker on, fill the kettle etc…
- Make Pancakes from scratch – weigh the correct amount of ingredients with help. (& wash up!!)
- Daily Mile – encourage your son/daughter to spend some time outside. In school all classes have been participating in The Daily Mile – completing a walk for up to 30mins depending on ability. All have been making progress so far.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_A_HjHZxfI - A 16 min, fun exercise video.
- www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Beginner+Yoga – There are lots of Beginner Yoga Sessions on YouTube with a range of video length.
Feel free to explore other classes suggestions and keep checking the resources area for other useful tips, ideas and communications from school that may well help out at this time. New ideas and suggestions will be uploaded here each Monday for as long as is needed.